More Time at Home Due to COVID19: Remeber Your Septic System
Most Central Floridians at this point have Coronavirus-fatigue. We've been hearing nothing but COVID19 talk for the past few months and we understand.
It's important that we remember to treat our septic systems with care as we're spending more time at home even as things begin to reopen. Some things to consider and remember:
- With the recent shortage of toilet paper, some people have gotten a bit creative. Do not fulsh anything but human waste and toilet paper.
- Do not flush paper towels, wipes (even those labeled “flushable”), or anything else besides toilet paper down the toilet! All of these products will not break down properly in your septic system, meaning that they can clog your system and even cause system failure.
- Dispose of food in the trash or better yet compost food scrap when possible
- Recycle cooking oils
- Space out showers if possible
- Get your septic pumped out - check out our coupon page for offers
As we're all spending more time at home, it's important that we consider the heavier than usual usage of the septic systems. If you hear gurgling or have slow drainage, give Total Enviro a call at (407) 841-0400 and we'll be glad to help!